COVID-19 Regathering Statement // May 20th 2020
The latest Executive Order by Texas Governor Abbott moved the State of Texas into Phase II of reopening. We are very excited about the prospect of soon gathering together for worship at The Heights Fellowship campus. Here are the reopening plans for THF.
We intend to hold our first onsite Worship Celebrations beginning Sunday, June 7th with two services. Because of Social distancing constraints and the demand for more vigilance in disinfecting the facility we have slightly modified our service times. Service times will be 9:00am and 11:00am during the ‘Regathering Phase.’
Our guiding scripture in the reopening process is Matthew 22:37-39 – “Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”
Very simply, we cannot do one without the other. While we desire to move as quickly as possible back to full worship expression (love God), we will not do so at the cost of those most at risk among us (love neighbors). All care will be given to insure the best possible environment within the worship setting.
The Details of Reopening are as follows:
- We will be restarting Sunday Worship Celebration We are proceeding very deliberately and will restart all other THF ministries and programs at a later date. Our livestream – The Heights LIVE – will be in place for those who cannot, or wish not, to attend at this time. We look forward to worshiping with you at either place.
- People who are considered ‘at risk’ or who may pose a risk to others are encouraged to remain at home and worship via The Heights LIVE. Please be considerate of others and do not attend if you are experiencing a cold or allergies that express themselves with Covid-like symptoms (cough, sneezing, etc).
- No childcare will be provided during worship celebration; children are welcome in the auditorium (including babies).
- Social distancing protocols will be followed. Family units can sit together with two seats spaced between each family cluster.
- Enter the THF Building through one door: The East (awning) entrance. We will exit the building through a single door as well: The East most door (Foyer door) on the South side of the building. We will not open the door on Children’s Ministry door for access during the regathering phase.
- Please do not come any earlier than 10 minutes prior to each service’s beginning. Our sanitizing teams will be preparing the building for your safety.
- We will not be handing out any materials, passing offering baskets, or serving any refreshments during this phase of regathering. Our offering boxes, located by each door, will be available for you to leave your giving. Our ‘no hugs’ and ‘no handshake’ policy will remain in place for now.
- Facemasks will not be mandatory. You are encouraged to bring your own facemask for your protection.
- Worshipers will be dismissed in an orderly fashion.
- Our sanitizing teams and housekeeping staff will be onsite for all services, disinfecting all high touch areas. THF staff will assist with accessing, seating, and exiting the facility.
✅The Heights Fellowship YouTube <- subscribe to this channel
✅The Heights Fellowship Facebook <- like and follow for updates. Share this page on your personal Facebook page
✅The Heights Fellowship Web Site <- to stay up to date and give online