COVID-19 Regathering Statement // June 27th 2020
The latest Executive Order by Texas Governor Abbott and the recent Disaster Declaration by the Mayor of Lubbock have prompted the adjustment of our gathering procedures at The Heights.
Throughout this pandemic, our guiding scripture has been Matthew 22:37-39 – “Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”
While we hold to the sacred requirement for God’s Church to assemble together, we also recognize the current need for discretion and sense in our gatherings. We cannot do one without the other. While we desire to move as quickly as possible back to full worship expression (love God), we will not do so at the cost of those most at risk among us (love neighbors). All care will be given to insure the best possible environment within the worship setting.
The Details of Gathering are as follows:
- Worship gatherings are in place each Sunday at two hours: 930am and 1100am. The most recent uptick in Corona Virus cases has caused us to slow the starting of any other ministries for the time being. Our livestream – The Heights LIVE – is still in place for those who cannot, or wish not, to attend at this time. We look forward to worshiping with you at either place.
- People who are considered ‘at risk’ or who may pose a risk to others are encouraged to remain at home and worship via The Heights LIVE. Please be considerate of others and do not attend if you are experiencing a cold or allergies that express themselves with COVID-like symptoms (fever, cough, sneezing, etc).
- No childcare is provided during worship celebration; children are welcome in the auditorium (including babies).
- We have arranged the auditorium seating to meet social distancing protocols. Family units can sit together with two seats spaced between each family cluster.
- Enter the THF Building through one door: The East (awning) entrance. We will exit the building through a single door as well: The East most door (Foyer door) on the South side of the building. We will not open the door on Children’s Ministry door for access during the regathering phase.
- Please do not come any earlier than 10 minutes prior to each service’s beginning. Our sanitizing teams will be preparing the building for your safety.
- We will not be handing out any materials, passing offering baskets, or serving any refreshments during this phase. Our offering boxes, located by each door, will be available for you to leave your giving. Our ‘no hugs’ and ‘no handshake’ policy will remain in place for now.
- Facemasks are strongly recommended. While we will have none to distribute, attenders are encouraged to bring their facemasks and wear them to their seats. You may remove them at your seat, as our seating is arrayed to meet social distancing mandates, in compliance with the latest Disaster Declaration by the Mayor of Lubbock. So, bring your own facemask for your protection.
- Worshipers will be dismissed in an orderly fashion.
- Our sanitizing teams and housekeeping staff will be onsite for all services, disinfecting all high touch areas. THF staff will assist with accessing, seating, and exiting the facility.
✅The Heights Fellowship YouTube <- subscribe to this channel
✅The Heights Fellowship Facebook <- like and follow for updates. Share this page on your personal Facebook page
✅The Heights Fellowship Web Site <- to stay up to date and give online